How to implement good oral care right from the start
MAM have a brochure (below) showing how to implement good oral care right from the start and have a range of products to help with it. Here are our top tips:
- A soft microfiber cloth is best, in order to gently cleanse inside baby’s mouth.
Once the first tooth has come through it is time to start with proper dental care.
- Brush teeth daily.
- Replace toothbrush every 6-8 weeks and after infectious illnesses.
- Regular dental check-ups.
- Use bottles (enter code: TRYMEFREEBLOG to claim a free sample excluding P&P)only for feeding or fluid intake and not for help when going to sleep.
- Water instead of sweetened drinks.
- Be conscious of soother use.
Children follow the example set by parents. Sensible nutrition and dental care are best taught by example.
The information contained in this Blog is for general information purposes only. The information provided by anyone other than MAM, such as midwifes or sleep experts for example, is provided by those third parties in their own professional capacity. The inclusion of that information does not imply a recommendation by MAM nor does it endorse the views expressed within them. Whilst MAM endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the newsletter or the information, products, or related graphics contained in the newsletter for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.